Wednesday, September 1, 2010

An Honored Auntie...

I've been meaning to share this for awhile...I feel like such a slacker!

A few months back one of my lovely nieces asked me to make a couple of special pieces for her.  She is pregnant with her third child (yay!) and is planning to take family photos before the newest addition arrives.  She asked if I could make a necklace for her and a mini version for her daughter!  Honored doesn't even begin to describe it!

I wanted to make them something 'girly', but wearable for both a grown woman and an 11 year old girl.  I decided that I would choose the fabrics first and hopefully be inspired by them.  I sent the above picture to my niece to approve the fabric choices and began to brainstorm.

When I first opened my shop I was obsessed with making Yo-Yo's.  The store was stocked with them!  So I decided to revisit them since they definitely represent 'girly' to me.
 
After I made them I had to decide how to turn these into a necklace.  I sat and stared at them for awhile and decided to add in one of my favorite elements...braiding!
Because it's my method apparently, I sat and stared at all of the elements together.  When I could see what it was all meant to be I began assembling.
And here they are:
The best was my little great-niece thanking me and telling me that she liked her necklace!  I can't wait to see their pictures and for my newest great-niece to come into the world!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.