Friday, January 21, 2011

Christmas in Lake Tahoe...

I am the type of person that takes way too many pictures.  I'm not a professional photographer so I figure that the more pictures I take the better the odds are that I'll have some good ones.  That being said...it took a while to curate the millions of photographs into this still picture heavy post.

I had gone to Tahoe for a day in 2009 when I learned to ski.  It was beautiful and I discovered that I loved to ski.  On bunny hills.

This year we went for a week!  If I would have known in 2009 all the beauty that Tahoe had to offer I would have thrown a tantrum when we left.  Everywhere you turn was a postcard.  Breathtakingly beautiful!








It's even beautiful there when it's about to storm...



Sunrises and sunsets were almost painful they were so beautiful.  The range of colors in such short periods of time were amazing...








Oh!  And we saw a bear while snowshoeing!  Well, technically I didn't see the bear, until this photo (and video) taken by the fiance, because as soon as his mom said, "There's a bear!", I was gone!  I have to say that the zoom on my camera is pretty bad so I was shocked at how close the bear actually was...


Needless to say I had an amazing time and highly recommend Lake Tahoe to any and everyone that will listen to me.  Now I'm back in reality where the snow isn't quite as pristine and white, but I do love NYC with all my heart.

ps. I would be a jerk if I didn't acknowledge the fact that I haven't posted in forever.  I know that even though I said I wouldn't be that I was indeed a slacker.  If you could see the sad face I'm making right now you would totally forgive me.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.