Monday, July 12, 2010

{How to} Make your office chair pretty...

Hi all!  I spent all last week unpacking and configuring.  I'm not completely done yet, but I'm close!  We've also been searching for the perfect sofa and dining room set for the new space.  I'm still really exhausted, but I have to say that I am loving it!

As I said before I am most excited about the new work space!  Tomorrow is officially the first day that I will be able to use it because today I bought this:


It's the Desley Task Chair from Staples.  It comes in gray, pink and blue.  I'm on a serious gray kick lately so it was a no brainer.  Oh yea...and it was on sale for $29.99!  The only problem is that it's the chair that I plan to sit on while being creative.  Yea...kinda boring.

So before putting it together I took a look through my fabric stash.


After I chose the fabric and took all of the parts out of the box I realized that I was out of staples for my staple gun!  Here's a little Niko tidbit...when I put my mind to something I have to do it ASAP or I'll go crazy.  So, instead of stopping to go to a hardware store to get staples I pulled out upholstery nails that I had from many many years ago.  Definitely not as quick as the staple gun, but they get the job done!


I laid the fabric right side down and put the seat on the fabric, also right side down.  I roughly cut the shape of the seat leaving enough fabric to reach the wooden area. 


I put one nail in the front, pulled the fabric taut and put a nail in the back.  I repeated this process for the left and the right.  I then filled in the spaces in between leaving the corners for last.  The corners are tough if you're a perfectionist like myself, but just know that it can be done!


After trimming the excess fabric I cut strips of felt and tacked them around the fabric edges making sure to pull in any fabric that would cause bulging or pleating around the edges.  I used the strips because I didn't want to cover the holes for the seat base.  I followed the directions for constructing the chair and TADA:


A brand new pretty chair for me to sit on while I make pretty things!


Now to get a proper desk, finish setting up and adding more color!  I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.